Spatial planning law and planning and environmental law call for a pragmatic approach. This is just the kind of working method that characterises Daniëlle, who has become our number one specialist when it comes to complex spatial planning issues. Daniëlle frequently advises and litigates in large-scale and complex spatial projects, such as the transformation of inner-city (industrial) sites into residential/work areas, the realisation of high-rise projects and the construction and expansion of infrastructure: projects that are often politically sensitive and where various disciplines – administrative, legal and technical – interact. In addition, Daniëlle is regularly asked to contribute ideas regarding the system and content of rules in zoning plans, provincial regulations and other local rules. Her clients include Dutch provinces, municipalities, autonomous administrative authorities, companies and project developers. She enjoys sharing her expertise with others by publishing and by lecturing or being a keynote speaker at conferences. through publications. Daniëlle heads Pels Rijcken’s Real Estate team.
Daniëlle received her master’s degree in Dutch Law from Radboud University Nijmegen and obtained an additional master's degree in European Law at the University of Nottingham. In addition to her work, she completed the Grotius Specialist programme in Spatial Planning and Environmental Law. At INSEAD she completed a mini-MBA. Previously, Daniëlle practised law at the Province of Noord-Brabant and later at Stibbe. She was admitted to the Dutch Bar in 2002 and joined Pels Rijcken in 2010. Daniëlle is secretary of the Dutch Environmental Lawyers Association and permanent annotator for StAB, a journal on planning and environmental law case law.
- "She is an excellent lawyer with a lot of experience. She knows what is important for clients in the public sector and is a true team player. She thinks proactively and is a very good listener. She is a true expert in the field and an added value in the legal discussions." - Chambers Europe, 2023
- "She is very communicative and can quite quickly refer to other cases we can learn from." - Chambers Europe, 2023
- "Daniëlle Roelands-Fransen is easily accessible, and thinks along well in scenarios and possibilities. She is professional." - The Legal 500, 2023
- "Daniëlle Roelands-Fransen is an excellent legal advisor and litigator." - The Legal 500, 2023
- Leading Individual for Environment and planning - The Legal 500, 2023
- "Danielle represented us very well in the courtroom and is always providing us with good advice whenever we ask her. She's very well informed and prepared. We're very satisfied with the service she provides us." - Chambers Europe, 2022
- "Daniëlle Roelands-Fransen is true authority in the field of planning and environmental law." - The Legal 500,2022
- Leading Individual for Environment and planning - The Legal 500, 2022