Wemmeke Wisman was admitted to the Dutch Bar in 1998. She specialises in conducting (complex) civil proceedings with public (international) law aspects. Her clients include various ministries, local authorities and (listed) companies. Wemmeke provides judicial and extrajudicial advice to commercial entities in the field of liability law and contract law. Furthermore, she litigates on behalf of the tax authorities in civil cases and also deals with issues such as the immunity of foreign states and the restitution of stolen art.
Wemmeke graduated with a master’s degree in Dutch Civil Law and Criminal Law from Leiden University. She also graduated cum laude in Classical Languages. In 2011, she completed her bachelor’s degree in tax law cum laude and took the course on Mediation at the ADR Institute in Amsterdam. Wemmeke is secretary of the Dutch Procedural Law Association, and a member of the Dutch Lawyers Association, the Art Culture Law Association and the Dutch Association for Lawyers and Tax Experts.
- "Wemmeke provides solid, clear and useful legal advice. She listens and is clearly open to input. She is committed to obtaining the best outcome for her clients." - Chambers Europe, 2023
- "Wemmeke Wisman is an outstanding lawyer who gives practical and solid legal advice. She adds value and is outstanding in representing her clients in court proceedings." - The Legal 500, 2023
- "Wemmeke Wisman is a top-notch litigator who is down to earth, easy and fun to work with. She has represented the Dutch State in a number of high-profile matters." - The Legal 500, 2023
- "Sharp-minded and strong litigator" - The Legal 500, 2023
- "Wemmeke Wisman is extremely good at her job. She is a positive and pleasant person to work with. She is cooperative and takes into consideration the needs and opinions of the client. Wemmeke perfectly knows the working of a government and how to handle the political stakes. Therefore, she always knows exactly what to do, and which questions are the ones to ask before taking the right steps." - The Legal 500, 2023
- "Wemmeke Wisman handles disputes involving public, liability and contract law." - The Legal 500, 2022
- "Wemmeke Wisman responds quickly, is very analytical, well informed on the latest legal developments and, above all, a very pleasant person to work with." - The Legal 500, 2022
- "She is knowledgeable and responsive and provides a high standard of quality. Strategic and highly valuable advice in every stage of a case." - Chambers Europe, 2022