Pels Rijcken has ample experience with proceedings at all Dutch and European judiciary bodies, as well as with arbitration proceedings under various Dutch and international arbitration rules (such as NAI, RvA, ICC, LCIA).
Our expertise covers all stages of state court proceedings (summary proceedings, proceedings at first and second instance and supreme court proceedings), arbitration proceedings and binding advice proceedings. This also includes class actions, cartel damage claims, attachments and enforcement disputes, quantum proceedings, disclosure proceedings and setting aside/enforcement of arbitral awards. The Litigation & Arbitration team also has an excellent track record in providing strategic legal advice and second opinions. Various team members also frequently act as legal expert in arbitration proceedings and in other proceedings.
Our Litigation & Arbitration team consists of attorneys who assist clients from both the private and public sector in a fast, efficient and dedicated manner. The team demonstrates its added value once again when effectively coordinating and structuring parallel (international) proceedings.
Pels Rijcken's clients include various (listed) corporates. Also on the firm's client list are the Dutch state, market regulators and local governments.
- "It is one of the best Supreme Court litigation teams in the Netherlands." - Chambers Europe, 2023
- "The lawyers quickly familiarise themselves with the matter and are able to quickly conduct a valid legal analysis." - Chambers Europe, 2023
- "The service levels are very high and the level of responsiveness is quick, as well as being of high quality." - Chambers Europe, 2023
- "The team has a growing arbitration practice with increasingly interesting cases, representing both the Dutch state as well as other clients in a variety of sectors. The team is diligent and very capable of handling complex matters, showing hands-on experience and strategic thinking." - The Legal 500, 2023
- "Pels Rijcken understands how we work and what political dynamics can play a role in delicate international arbitration cases." - The Legal 500, 2023
- "This practice is unique because it combines an excellent national and international commercial practice with an extensive practice relating to public institutions." - The Legal 500, 2023
- "They listen and have always shown that they make their decisions based on facts." - The Legal 500, 2023
- "Nothing beats the Supreme Court litigation team of Pels Rijcken." - The Legal 500, 2023
- "My overall impression of Pels Rijcken is that their legal knowledge is profound. The contact is pleasant and the lawyers always respond quickly when consulted." - Chambers Europe, 2022
- "Pels Rijcken is a fantastic law firm. If you have a case or question the lawyers react immediately." - Chambers Europe, 2022
- "Exceptionally skilled, collaborative and efficient." - The Legal 500, 2022
- "Pels Rijcken’s insights are very beneficial when litigating complex commercial transactions or negotiating commercial contracts." - The Legal 500, 2022
- "A very warm co-operation, with person approach and the expertise and experience I was searching for." - The Legal 500, 2022
- "Excellent Supreme Court litigation team."- The Legal 500, 2022
- "Well known firm for dispute resolution, with high-quality lawyers." - The Legal 500, 2022