Jordi Bierens joined Pels Rijcken’s IP, Privacy and Media team in 2017. He advises and litigates mainly on copyright, trademark law and the legitimacy of publications in the press. Within these fields of law, he acts on behalf of government agencies, national and international companies and non-profit organisations.
Jordi received his bachelor’s degree in Law & Economics from Leiden University and his master's degree in Information Law from the University of Amsterdam. Before joining Pels Rijcken, he was a researcher at the Institute for Information Law (IViR) and was associated with the competition practice of a large law firm in Amsterdam for several years. Jordi is an editor of our Supreme Court blog www.cassatieblog.nl and a member of the Dutch Copyright Law Association (VvA).
- "Jordi Bierens is strategic, pragmatic and communicative. He is able to explain complex legal issues in layman’s terms and he knows how to perform and remain calm under pressure." - The Legal 500, 2023
- "I always refer cases to Jordi Bierens. He is not only the key lawyer in the field of media law, but also he has built a very strong reputation in the sector. He is a go-getter, knows all the ins and outs and always gives the extra mile on every case." - The Legal 500, 2023
- "Jordi Bierens essentially built the freedom of speech practice within the team." - The Legal 500, 2023
- Recommended for Intellectual property: Trade marks, copyrights and design rights - The Legal 500, 2023
- Recommended lawyer for trade marks, copyrights and design rights - The Legal 500, 2022
- Key lawyer for Media and entertainment - The Legal 500, 2022