Real estate constitutes an important part of the assets of companies, governments and private individuals. The stakes are large and require a multidisciplinary approach on the part of attorneys, who are well aware of the stakes and risks that are at play - and who can skilfully handle cases, know how to act quickly and have experience in various real estate areas. Pels Rijcken has a team of real estate specialists who speak the sector's language and know what's going on.
The attorneys of the Real Estate section consult on issues, transactions and disputes regarding area development, ownership and utilisation of real estate, structured sales processes of real estate, public private cooperation, financing of real estate and joint cooperative ventures. The attorneys of the Real Estate section also have an extensive track record in real estate dispute litigation.
The following tasks are among their 'core business':
- sale, purchase and delivery of real estate;
- rental of real estate;
- function change, utilisation and management of real estate;
- due diligence work;
- help with project development and area development;
- hereditary lease and building rights and other business rights;
- apartment rights;
- home owners association disputes;
- eviction and anti-squatting.
The attorneys of the Real Estate practice area have long-standing experience in all sectors where real estate is a relevant factor, for both commercial parties as well as governments. For example, the real estate team was recently involved in cases concerning urban development, the separation of the health care and living functions of assisted living facilities, the housing of educational institutions and innovative developments in real estate areas in the energy sector. The team was also involved in large-scale restructuring of housing corporations and their real estate and in disposal and marketing of surplus real estate.
Economic circumstances and regulations change quickly. Pels Rijcken's real estate specialists follow these developments closely and, thanks to their exceptional knowledge of the public sector, are able to provide advice about changes in legal real estate land like no other.
Our clients include the State, medium-sized and smaller municipalities and provinces such as North Holland and Utrecht, large companies including Esso and KPN, project developers such as AM and Multi Vastgoed.
- "They always have the right knowledge and person available." - Chambers Europe 2023
- "They are quick and swift." - Chambers Europe 2023
- "The individuals stand out in knowledge and experience in the field of law and always thrive to find the best possible solution in any case. They are always available when you need them and are also very good advocates in the courtroom." - The Legal 500, 2023
- "The team has a very strong knowledge of the field of law they are working in. They also work together very well. The connection with other sections of law within the firm is very good." - The Legal 500, 2023
- "What makes them stand out from the others is the fact that they are extremely good at understanding the contents and the complexity of the issue in no time." - The Legal 500, 2023
- "Pels Rijcken is able to understand our issues quickly and act accordingly." - Chambers Europe 2022
- "Very nice cooperation and expertise on complex files.", "They deal with complex and conflicting interests with good political sensitivity.", "Good reaction speed, service level, expertise and experience.", "Hands-on mentality with a practical and keen eye on possibilities.", "Alain de Jonge is a know it all real estate professional who does not hesitate to connect us with partners and colleagues in other fields to ensure we get an excellent product’.", "The team always delivers.", "Advice is good, creative and solid." - The Legal 500, 2022