Arnoud Boorsma joined Pels Rijcken’s Administrative Law team in 1995 and became partner in 2004. His practice is focused on representing and advising public authorities. His expertise is in oversight, enforcement and regulation with a focus on the financial, media and telecommunications sectors. Arnoud regularly represents the AFM, DNB and the Dutch Media Authority in administrative proceedings that primarily involve oversight and enforcement issues, including the publication of sanction decisions. Arnoud is known for his strong communication skills.
At Pels Rijcken, Arnoud and Marije Batting are responsible for the broad oversight and enforcement practice of the firm. Arnoud is a lecturer for the Grotius Specialisation programme. He was a member of the Board of Pels Rijcken until 1 January 2018, which gives him a greater understanding of the often-complex issues faced by administrative bodies.
- "Arnoud is always willing to share his awareness and vision with us and he's proven to be a sophisticated, involved and steady adviser." - Chambers Europe 2023
- "Arnoud Boorsma brings years of experience to the field of national supervisors and telecommunication law. That, combined with his outstanding speaking and writing skills, make him a great lawyer to have on our side." - The Legal 500, 2023
- "Arnoud Boosma is passionate about his work, and it shows. Arnoud is always well prepared and invariably stays calm under high pressure." - The Legal 500, 2023
- "Arnoud Boorsma is a great team player, with excellent litigation skills." - The Legal 500, 2023
- "Arnoud Boorsma is known for advising clients on administrative law, including work acting for state entities and regulators in defense of appeals against the imposition of financial regulation measures. His experience in this area has made him one of the most sought-after lawyers in the Netherlands." - Business Today 2023
- "Deeply and professionally interested in our interests and understands the political dimension and importance of our work. He manages to combine the expertise of his law firm with our needs perfectly. He always has a proactive point of view, is on time, and has a high level of service." - Chambers Europe, 2022
- "Arnoud Boorsma is an excellent lawyer with great knowledge of both telecom law and administrative procedural, which is a prerequisite in the complicated proceedings he and his team are often involved in." - The Legal 500, 2022
- "Arnoud Boorsma is a pleasure to work with." - The Legal 500, 2022