The supply of energy is what drives our economy. The call for sustainability, increasing globalisation and the arrival of new market participants have created a tense playing field and a demand for attorneys who know the lay of the land. Pels Rijcken has a team of energy specialists who speak the language of this sector and have a clear understanding of the issues involved.
Energy is a highly dynamic sector with little regard for the traditional boundaries of areas of law, such as administrative law, environmental law, competition law and contract law. Yesterday’s standard practice may be outdated today and even prohibited tomorrow. Conversely, regulations still in the making can create new opportunities, with the realisation of energy transition, for example. Pels Rijcken's attorneys keep a close eye on these developments.
The energy law team advises on issues in every link of the energy chain. Main themes include advice on energy contracts, energy regulation procedures and renewable energy projects, including geothermal heat, CHP, heat networks, solar energy, wind energy and energy storage.
Reference work on the Heating Supply Act and the heating supply regulatory framework, including the latest bill before the Dutch parliament. If you would like to learn about the consequences of the bill, you can request a copy of the reference work.
- Top Ranked - Chambers Europe, 2023
- Pels Rijcken has a specific focus on regulatory matters, advising key public sector clients, including central and local governments, on high-profile and often politically sensitive energy-related issues. - Chambers Europe, 2023
- "The team is on top of the latest developments in energy law and is very capable of sharing this information with peers." - The Legal 500, 2023
- "The team at Pels Rijcken is able to advise you promptly and at the highest service levels on the most complex energy law issues." - Chambers Europe, 2022
- "One of the best firms with broad knowledge of the European and Dutch energy markets." - The Legal 500, 2022
- "Pels Rijcken’s energy team is made up of specialists working in various sections of the office (e.g. real estate, spatial planning, competition law)." - The Legal 500, 2022
- "All have earned their spurs within this specific area of expertise, and all are considered to be key opinion leaders in this area." - The Legal 500, 2022
- "The team is able to advise you promptly on the most complex energy law issues." - The Legal 500, 2022
- "The team is characterised by its very accessible “no-nonsense” attitude." - The Legal 500, 2022
- "No academic drivel, no claptrap, but sound advice that you can put into practice immediately." - The Legal 500, 2022