Dutch legislation regarding the construction and management of new and existing roads, railways and civil engineering structures is strict. The planning and environmental attorneys at Pels Rijcken are specialists in the field of mobility. They will help you execute your mobility project, whether you require advice on the renovation of an existing tunnel within the framework of the Tunnel Safety Act, the widening of a motorway or the construction of a railroad track or light railway. Pels Rijcken considers the issue in the broader context of accessibility solutions.
Our attorneys facilitate the progress and execution of your infrastructure or mobility project. Their involvement often begins in the preliminary phase. They can, among other things, assist you with the following:
- Advising on the draft decision;
- Providing continuous legal assessment of the process;
- Assisting in the decision-making process;
- Representing you before the administrative court (District Court or Administrative Jurisdiction Division of the Council of State).
The team of attorneys and lawyers, who have specific knowledge, take all legal aspects into account when assessing the project design, including possible alternatives, noise pollution, air quality, transport volume values and road safety.
Crisis and Recovery Act: projects fast-tracked
The Crisis and Recovery Act can lead to infrastructure and mobility projects being fast-tracked, shortening otherwise lengthy procedures. Making choices quickly is essential in this regard, but it is important that the legal aspects are also borne in mind. That is no problem, thanks to our attorneys in the Spatial Planning and Environment Department. They will help you ensure that your (fast-tracked) project runs smoothly.
Legal support for infrastructure projects
Projects in which Pels Rijcken’s specialists have played a role include:
- The route decision for the Schiphol-Amsterdam-Almere project, including the new railway bridge at Muiderberg;
- The provincial zoning amendment plan for the Rhineland Route;
- The zoning plan for the Hoekse Lijn railway extension;
- The zoning plan and integrated environmental permit for Bleizo Transport Node